Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC)
Patient and Family Advisory Councils serve as the “patient voice” and the institutional infrastructure for including the patient and family member perspective in hospital organizational decision-making. Councils are typically comprised of patients, family members, executive leadership and staff, working in partnership to assure the delivery of the highest standard of comprehensive and compassionate care is delivered at each hospital. They may include:
- Providing information to hospital leaders and staff about patients needs and concerns
- Helping plan patient-care areas and new programs
- Making changes that affect patients and family members
- Encouraging patients and families to be involved and to speak up
- Strengthening communication among patients, family members, caregivers and staff.
For more information on this committee and to become involved, please contact Deborah Rich at 781 939-1801.
Click to view 2016 PFAC Survey Summary